RFID cards (Radio Frequency Identification Cards), are plastic cards embedded with an IC chip within the inner layer whereby the transfer of data between the chip and the reader are carried out wirelessly by means of electromagnetic fieldis, these cards are also known as contactless smart card or proximity card. Today, the RFID technology are widely found in the application of security access card, loyalty card, transportation, hotel key cards, prepaid stored value card and etc. At Idealcard, we supply blank or Pre-printed RFID card ,some of the most common type of RFID card include Mifare Classic Family (such as Mifare 1K/4K, Mifare Ultralight, Mifare Desfire, EM4200, TK4100, Clamshell cards.
Types of RFID
Typically, RFID products can be categorised firstly by their operating frequencies, then further breakdown into various forms of products, such as cards, tags, wristband, stickers so on and so forth.
Low Frequency (LF):
- Frequencies from 30 KHz to 300 KHz
- Short read range, approximately 10 cm
- Slower read speed
- Low sensitivity to radio wave interference
- Applications include access control and livestock tracking
High frequency (HF)
- Operating frequencies ranging from 3 to 30 MHz
- Read range between 10 cm to 1 meter
- Moderate sensitivity to radio wave interferences
- Applications include ticketing, payment, and data transfer applications.
RFID fall under this category is none other than the infamous MIFARE family.
Ultra High Frequency (UHF)
- Frequencies from 300 MHz to 3 GHz
- Read range up to 12 meters (40 feet)
- Comply with the global, universally adopted UHF Gen2 standard (EPCglobal Gen2 ISO 18000-63)
- Use the 860 to 960 MHz band
- Fastest growing segment of RFID technology
- Cheapest tag to manufacture
- Application of UHF technology spans many markets; including retail, healthcare, life science, pharmaceutical, anti-counterfeiting, transportation, and manufacturing